a 100m * 60cm roll of Redback Premium DTF art PET film can be purchased as either:
- silver PET film, or
- gold PET film, or
Frosted on one side. Cold peel. Wait at least 30 seond before peeling.
This premium PET film is 75 microns thick and is 5 layers (coatings) for optimal ink absorption. Produces superior results when used with any decent quality DTF powder and decent quality DTF ink.
Please note: Use PET film in an adequately ventilated, dry environment, with humidity between 45-60%. The PET film roll should be resealed for storage (when you won't use it for a few days or longer).
Settings for best results:
- gold/silver DTF film: Heat press at 170-180degrees for 12-15 seconds. Cold peel
* We recommend a second press just for gold and silver (not for the other types of film).
* For gold and silver PET film, after you transfer your print onto the garment you may notice some residue around your art design. You can use a clothes brush or air brush to remove this residue, as the videos show.
If you are using a desktop printer (A4, A3) for DTF printing rather than a commercial or a large format printer, we would recommend you use a higher temperature and longer press time than what it is suggested above (and what you normally do for your regular PET film) to help the ink get through all layers of the film. Try to increase these two factors incrementally until you get the best result for your set-up.
Because the nozzle pressure (forcing the ink out) for some desktop printheads may not be sufficient to force the ink through all layers of the DTF film, compared to the pressure from large format or a commercial printer printheads. Incresing the time and temperature will help ink to absorb through the layers and stick to the last layers of the film which have a special coating. See figure 1
- This films work well with DTF ink, like any regular DTF PET film. The gold result (finish) will vary with what colours you use for your art design. If you only use white ink, you will get a pure gold finish. Please watch the videos.
- If you have never used art PET films before, it's a good idea to get (and play with) the sample packs of 20 sheets or 20 metre rolls first
- Best results will be on soft fabric rather than coarse fabric.
- The videos on this page are provided by our supplier.
DTF 60cm * 100m silver/ gold PET film - single side frosted; cold peel
This premium art films PET film has been formulated for optimal absorption of DTF ink and will peel without problems, leaning stunningly vivid and durable DTF transfers.
These films are not tightly rolled, so please don't tilt whilst holding in one hand as the inner layers may shift sideways.
The coating of all DTF films is delicate, please use gloves when deal with them to avoid any scrach on it.
This superior quality film will give you excellent results. Please do not store in sunlight, nor in a humid environment.