a 30cm * 20m roll of Redback Premium DTF art PET film can be purchased as either:
- chameleon (colour changing)
- glow in the dark
Frosted on one side. Cold peel. Wait at least 30 seond before peeling.
This premium PET film is 75 microns thick and is 5 layers (coatings) for optimal ink absorption. Produces superior results when used with any decent quality DTF powder and decent quality DTF ink.
Please note: Use PET film in an adequately ventilated, dry environment, with humidity between 45-60%. The PET film roll should be resealed for storage (when you won't use it for a few days or longer).
Settings for best results:
- chameleon/ glow in the dark DTF film: Heat press at 160-165 degrees for 10-15 seconds. Cold peel
- gold/ silver DTF PET film: Heat press at 170-180 degrees for 12-15 seconds. Cold peel
If you are using a desktop printer (A4, A3) for DTF printing rather than a commercial or a large format printer, we would recommend you use a higher temperature and longer press time than what it is suggested above (and what you normally do for your regular PET film) to help the ink get through all layers of the film. Try to increase these two factors incrementally until you get the best result for your set-up.
Because the nozzle pressure (forcing the ink out) for some desktop printheads may not be sufficient to force the ink through all layers of the DTF film, compared to the pressure from large format or a commercial printer printheads. Incresing the time and temperature will help ink to absorb through the layers and stick to the last layers of the film which have a special coating. See figure 1.
- This films work with DTF ink, like any regular DTF PET film.
- If you have never used art PET films before, it's a good idea to get (and play with) the sample rolls of 20 metre rolls first
- Best results will be on soft fabric rather than coarse fabric.
- This video was provided by our supplier.
Your print setup and environment and the garments you are printing on can give some variability to the optimal heat press settings you will find work best for you on these films. You can give us a call on 0424 277 331 (Vian) to discuss.
top of page
bottom of page